How Do Storms Start Fires?
Since storms often bring a lot of moisture, we may not think about fires when one rolls into town. However, fire is a real danger during a violent thunderstorm or even a tornado or hurricane!
As a wise home or business owner in the Hermitage/Donelson area, you want to keep your property safe from damages of all kinds, including fire. Let’s talk about some ways storms can start fires and some ways you can protect yourself and your Nashville property, your family, friends, clients, and others who could be affected by this type of disaster.
What Causes Fires During Storms And Violent Weather?
Many different factors can cause a fire during violent weather in Nashville. Here are a few examples:
- Downed powerlines caused by high winds
- Lightning striking a tree or dry brush near a building
- Lightning striking a building directly
- Power surges that occur during turbulent weather
How Can I Protect My Hermitage/Donelson Home Or Business From Weather-Related Fires?
You can protect your home or business - and the people inside - from a weather-related fire by:
- Trimming back dead or dying trees and other vegetation away from your building
- Use surge protectors
- Keep your fire extinguisher(s) in good condition and up-to-date
- Install carbon monoxide detectors
- Create an escape plan and educate everyone to ensure they know where to go and what to do
In case of a fire, you already know to call the fire fighting professionals at 911! After the fire is out, you’ll need help cleaning up from the damage, which may include water damage from fire fighting efforts and smoke and soot.
That’s when you should call SERVPRO of Hermitage/Donelson at (615) 242 9391! We are residential fire damage restoration and commercial fire damage restoration experts, and we can be onsite at your location immediately, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to get you the help you need.
This franchise is independently owned and operated.