My Hermitage/Donelson Home Was Damaged By A Storm! What Do I Do Next?
After a storm is over and you find you have damage to your home, it can be hard to know what to do next.
Setting some priorities will clarify and help you better manage the situation. Let's discuss what you should do first when a storm damages your Hermitage/Donelson home.
What Should My Top Priorities Be When Managing Storm Damage To My Property?
The top priorities after a disaster of any size are:
- Safety. If you have loved ones or pets in your home, you will automatically think of them first. After a storm has damaged your location, you should ensure you know where everyone is and that they are okay. If there have been injuries, take care of this issue first. If the damage to your property is extensive, remove everyone from the property for the time being.
- Damages. Once you have established that everyone is safe and cared for, inspect your property to see what has been damaged. Be cautious when doing this; structural issues, fallen trees, broken glass, and such can be dangerous. All you need to do now is get an idea of what you're facing.
- Experts. You should contact a professional restoration company like SERVPRO next. Restoration professionals have the training and advanced technology to restore your property and personal belongings.
What Storm Damage Services Does SERVPRO Of Hermitage/Donelson Offer?
Storm damage is hard to predict and even harder to prepare for. That is where SERVPRO of Hermitage/ Donelson comes in. The effects of this storm damage can extend not only to your house but your belongings, as well.
We offer such storm damage restoration services as:
- SERVPRO of Hermitage / Donelson specializes in restoring contents damaged by storms and other water damage events. Our expertise and "restore" versus "replace" mentality can help you save money while preserving precious, irreplaceable keepsakes. We test your contents to determine what items can be restored to their original condition. We utilize several methods of cleaning your contents, including:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean before cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can't withstand cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
- The SERVPRO Disaster Recovery Team can provide help whether you're dealing with a flood, tornado, hurricane, or blizzard. The SERVPRO System has a network of strategically positioned storm teams on standby should a disaster strike near you. Available 24 hours a day and 365 days a year, we are prepared for the unpredictable.
- Our personnel are highly-trained and have the necessary certifications to assist in a storm event. Every crew has experienced a storm event in the past, so storm damage recovery is familiar to them. Our warehouse is packed with a plethora of equipment to meet the cause's needs. Our supply is less than 30 minutes away if we do not have the equipment.
This franchise is independently owned and operated.