What Are Some Best Practices For Cleaning My Nashville Home After Fire Damage?
A fire in your Hermitage/Donelson home - and the accompanying smoke and soot -will negatively affect everything, including equipment, belongings, and even the structure itself. It can be overwhelming to take even the first step in cleaning up after a house fire.
Contacting a professional cleaning company like SERVPRO may be the number one best practice for you to use to help you get back to normal! These experienced professionals have the expertise and equipment necessary to help you recover from the effects of a fire.
Are There Some Steps I Can Take To Start The Clean Up Process Once A Fire Occurs?
There are definitely some things you can do to begin the recovery process once you experience fire damage. Some steps you can take while waiting for SERVPRO to arrive are:
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls, and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery, and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with a light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of the leaves.
- Change the HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
How Can SERVPRO Help Me Restore My Hermitage/Donelson Property After A Fire?
We will be on-site right away to help you clean up your Hermitage/Donelson premises after a fire!
SERVPRO of Hermitage/Donelson specializes in restoring the contents of a home that has suffered from fire damage. We will assess all your belongings carefully to determine what items can be restored to their “pre-fire” condition. A professional cleaning company will use several methods to restore your property to its original condition, such as;
- Foam cleaning: used for upholstery, since it can shrink or bleed when water is used.
- Dry cleaning: used to clean light residue.
- Wet cleaning: a very effective cleaning method used to remove moderate to heavy residues.
- Immersion cleaning: items are dipped into a bath of cleaning products.
SERVPRO technicians are experienced in document and photograph restoration and can help in the event that your important records or personal keepsakes have been damaged during a fire.
If the damage to your home is such that it will need extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO can organize an efficient move-out process for the affected areas. Removing your items from the area will aid in a quicker remodeling process and will protect your items from any further potential damage. After the restoration is complete, move-in can be coordinated easily.
If your home or business has suffered damage from fire, water, bad odors, or mold, you can count on SERVPRO of Hermitage/Donelson to get you back to normal right away! We maintain the training and equipment necessary to help our customers recover from disasters and emergencies of all kinds. Call us today at (615) 885-3906.
This franchise is independently owned and operated.