What Are Some Best Practices For Preventing Mold Growth In My Hermitage/Donelson Bathroom?
Your bathroom has a higher moisture level than most of the other rooms in your home, of course, and surfaces can easily become moldy quickly if they stay damp for too long. Once a mold colony has established itself in an area, it will re-establish itself even more rapidly every time the humidity rises and wet conditions return.
How Do I Prohibit Mold And Mildew In My Bathroom?
Here are some top suggestions for mold and mildew prevention in your bathroom (and the rest of your home, too):
- Mold-resistant products are readily accessible at your local hardware or home goods store. When refreshing your bathroom, using these products - such as paint or tile - you can prevent mold and mildew from ever establishing themselves.
- Take care of standing water immediately. When cleaning your flooring, be sure to dry it thoroughly, and always dry your countertops completely, paying particular attention to cracks and crevasses.
- Ensure that all window frames and weather stripping are in good repair, especially before the wet and humid seasons.
- Check cabinets under the sinks and investigate around the toilet for leaks from hoses and pipes leading to walls regularly, cleaning behind and underneath them regularly; while completing this task, take note of any dampness, rust, or puddles.
- Ensure your bathroom area is well-ventilated; you can always use a dehumidifier if you feel it necessary.
What Do I Do If Mold Establishes Itself In My Bathroom?
Mold can never be totally eradicated once mold has established itself in your home. You will need the help of mold remediation specialists to manage this issue.
Call us here at SERVPRO of Hermitage/Donelson to get immediate help: (615) 885 3906.
Some tips for you to follow while you wait for us to arrive:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Here at SERVPRO of Hermitage/Donelson, we have the experience, knowledge, training, and expertise to help you with any mold infestation.
We are also experts regarding those necessary cleanup projects after water and fire damage, and we also handle odor removal and deodorization!
This franchise is independently owned and operated.