How Do I Prepare My Hermitage/Donelson Home For Inclement Weather?
Inclement weather can cause severe damage to your home or business property. During a storm in Middle Tennessee, you can expect high winds, hail, flooding, and lightning, and each of these elements can be very dangerous by themselves. A summer storm can involve all of them!
The best way to keep your home safe is to be prepared for whatever may come, so today, we will share some helpful information on how you can ready yourself for summer storms.
What Are Some Top Tips To Help Me Weather Summer Storms In Hermitage/Donelson?
As you walk around your property, you can probably think of many things that could be done to prepare your home for bad weather, but a few are vital.
- Secure furniture. Heavy winds can cause items like patio furniture and large toys to damage the exterior of your home. Anchor outdoor furniture or bring it indoors before a storm hits to prevent this issue. It would help if you also moved anything in your yard that can become flying debris inside your house or garage.
- Check gutters. Help prevent water damage inside your house by having downspouts drain away from your home and clean your gutters of any debris.
- Protect the critical areas. High winds are a significant threat to your roof, windows, doors, and garage doors. You can build and install temporary protection - such as approved wind shutters or plywood on windows and coverings for patio and entry doors - strengthen and stiffen garage doors, and install heavy-duty door hardware to guard your home from wind damage.
- Clear limbs and trim trees. During a storm, dead tree limbs can get loose and cause damage to a home’s exterior or puncture a window. Heavy rain can also cause trees with shallow root systems to pull out of the ground.
- Secure fences. Ensure that your fences are properly secured to prevent them from being lifted and thrown against the house by heavy winds.
Why Should I Choose SERVPRO Of Hermitage/Donelson To Help Me Handle Storm Damage?
After a storm, you’ll want to investigate your home and surrounding property to assess the damage. If you have experienced storm damage, call SERVPRO of Hermitage/Donelson at (615) 995 3906; we’ll be on-site right away to start your storm damage!
- Our personnel have been trained and have all the necessary certifications to assist in a storm event. Every crew has experienced a storm event in the past, so storms are no new concept for this team.
- Our warehouse is packed with a plethora of equipment to meet all the cause's needs. If we do not have the equipment, our supply is less than 30 minutes away.
- Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours, and neither do we. SERVPRO of Hermitage / Donelson provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, seven days a week—including all holidays. You can expect an immediate response time, day or night!
Storm damage will almost always include water damage, and here at SERVPRO, we are water damage experts! Our team is highly trained and certified to ensure that you get the best restoration service possible.
This franchise is independently owned and operated.