What Are Water Damage Categories?
Water damage to your Hermitage home or business can be the result of many different situations. Storms, burst pipes, fire fighting efforts, or any other number of sources could cause this. There are different classifications of water damage. Some water damage scenarios are small and manageable, while others can be disastrous! Our SERVPRO team is well-equipped to handle water damage events of all classifications. We can be onsite right away to start your water damage restoration process.
What Are The Elements Of Each Water Damage Category?
The 4 Primary Classifications of Water Damage:
- Class 1 involves the least amount of water, absorption, and evaporation. It affects only part of the material that has absorbed minimal moisture. Little or no wet carpet or cushion is present.
- Class 2 involves a more significant amount of water, absorption, and evaporation. It affects at least an entire room of carpet and cushion (pad). Water has wicked up walls less than 24 inches. There is moisture remaining in structural materials and substructure soil.
- Class 3 involves much more significant amounts of water, absorption, and evaporation. This includes saturated ceilings, walls, insulation, carpet, cushion, and subfloor.
- Class 4 relates to specialty drying. For example, situations involving wet materials with very low permeance/porosity. This includes hardwood, plaster, brick, concrete, lightweight concrete, and stone. Typically, there are deep pockets of saturation, which require very low specific humidity. These types of losses may need longer drying times and unique methods.
What Does The SERVPRO Of Hermitage/Donelson Water Damage Restoration Process Involve?
- EMERGENCY CONTACT. Our representative will guide you through the crisis. We will gather information from you to help us determine which equipment and resources are necessary.
- INSPECTION AND WATER DAMAGE ASSESSMENT. At this stage, SERVPRO determines the scope of the water damage. We inspect and test to determine the extent of the damage and how far the moisture has traveled so that we can take the appropriate steps to complete your restoration.
- WATER REMOVAL/WATER EXTRACTION. This begins immediately to remove the majority of the water. We use powerful pumps and vacuum units to remove hundreds or thousands of gallons from your property quickly. This helps to prevent secondary water damage and mold growth.
- DEHUMIDIFICATION AND DRYING. We use specialized equipment to remove the remaining water that is more difficult to access. Our professionals use room measurements, temperature, and relative humidity to determine the optimal number of air movers and dehumidifiers needed to dry your home or business.
- CLEANING AND SANITIZING. We clean all of the restorable items and structures damaged by the water. We specialize in cleaning and use various professional techniques. Our technicians are trained to provide sanitizing treatments and to remove odors and deodorize your property.
- RESTORATION. This is the process of restoring your home or business to its original condition. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall and installing new carpet, or it may entail major repairs, such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business.
We can get your home or business Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, too.
This franchise is independently owned and operated.