Can SERVPRO Of Hermitage/Donelson Dry My Documents?
We often store vital information in a digital format today, where they are quickly recovered in the event of a disaster. What about documents that haven’t yet been digitized? If these become water-damaged, you are likely to lose them. Fortunately, SERVPRO of Hermitage/Donelson employs a drying process that can recover your damaged paper goods; we use the same technique that the Library of Congress uses to dry water-damaged books!
What Is The Process SERVPRO Uses To Recover My Damaged Paper Goods?
Freezing Your Documents
- SERVPRO uses vacuum freeze-drying to achieve sublimation, a process where the moisture in an object is frozen and dried by being converted directly into gas using various vacuums and pressures. This process avoids additional damage that water would create. Our priority will be to freeze and stabilize the damaged documents. The documents are stored in a frozen state until they can be appropriately shipped to SERVPRO’s corporate headquarters. We work closely with corporate to make sure everything possible is done to preserve your paper assets.
Undergoing the Drying Process
- Once your documents arrive at SERVPRO’s headquarters, they are transferred to our state-of-the-art Drying Chamber Facility. The HIPAA Master-certified staff will carefully move the items to the chamber where they undergo the above-mentioned process. The building is secured and monitored 24/7, so you can rest assured your items are safe. Drying time is typically 7 to 10 days, depending on the amount of moisture and backlog involved. Staff is available around the clock to offer updates and answer questions.
Are There Other SERVPRO Services Besides Drying That I Can Request?
Beyond Document Restoration
SERVPRO offers more than just a top-of-the-line drying process. In addition to drying the water-damaged documents, the Document Restoration Team provides the following services upon request:
- Scanning and digitizing documents
- Gamma irradiation (cleans contaminated records)
- Certified destruction of sensitive materials
- Trimming after fire damage
- Refile jacketing
SERVPRO of Hermitage/Donelson is committed to helping you recover from disasters of all types and sizes. In addition to document recovery, we handle commercial restoration, many different cleaning services, and more.
We can get your home or business Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, too!
This franchise is Independently Owned and Operated.