What Is A Proper Commercial Fire Sprinkler System For My Nashville Business
There is a lot to consider when you are in the process of deciding which commercial fire sprinkler system is best for your Nashville business location. Of course, the type of business you have will be a primary factor in determining the proper fit. Keeping both your operation and your employees safe is vital, of course, since a fire can be debilitating, dangerous, and costly.
WHAT FACTORS SHOULD I CONSIDER WHEN CHOOSING THE RIGHT FIRE SPRINKLER SYSTEM FOR MY NASHVILLE ORGANIZATION?
There are various sprinkler system types on the market, and the options available vary depending on the environment that the system will be covering. You will want to think about:
- the size of your building(s)
- the cost of the system itself
- building restrictions and fire codes
- the type of operation you run and its specific fire hazards
- your protection preferences as the owner
WHAT TYPES OF COMMERCIAL FIRE SPRINKLER SYSTEMS ARE THERE TO CHOOSE FROM FOR MY NASHVILLE BUSINESS?
- WET SYSTEMS:
- Attach to a piping system that constantly fills
- Will automatically dispenses water when a fire is detected
- Designed for environments that maintain a consistent temperature above 40 degrees Fahrenheit
- Not ideal for protecting sensitive equipment
- Most recommended commercial fire sprinkler system
- DRY SYSTEMS:
- Filled with pressurized nitrogen or air rather than water
- Release air that permits the water pressure to open the dry pipe valve, causing the water to flow into the piping system and out of the sprinkler heads
- Designed for areas where freezing temperatures (below 40 degrees Fahrenheit) can be expected
- Most commonly installed in attics, loading docks, commercial freezers, etc.
- PRE-ACTION SYSTEMS:
- Contain an electronically-operated valve that controls the water that goes into the piping system
- Similar to a dry system, except the sprinklers are closed
- Will not release water until heat activates the operating element in each sprinkler
- Typically seen in facilities that house high-value equipment, such as hospitals, computer rooms, art museums, etc.
- DELUGE SYSTEMS:
- Installed in the same areas as sprinklers but only opened by the operation of a detection system
- First ensures the valve is opened, and water is then released in all attached sprinklers
- Most commonly used where large quantities of water are required to control a fire quickly
- Found in power plants, aircraft hangers, chemical storage, processing facilities, etc.
SERVPRO of Hermitage/Donelson is here to help you get your Nashville commercial business fire safety systems in place. We can evaluate your premises and make recommendations specific to your location. Then, if your business suffers from fire damage, we can be onsite right away to begin the restoration process, saving you both time and money.
We can get your home or business Certified: SERVPRO Clean, as well. Ask us how!
This franchise is independently owned and operated.