Can My Hose Cause Damage To My House In Hermitage/Donelson
A damaged hose will not only waste water and make outdoor chores more troublesome, but it can cause water damage to your home, as well. Unfortunately, you will often have no idea that there’s a problem until you find excess water around your foundation near the faucet or when the neighbor complains that you are flooding his or her yard!
WHAT ARE SOME WAYS THAT MY HOSE CAN HARM MY HOME?
Water damage to your home can occur any time water is allowed to run unchecked, and a faulty garden hose is a common culprit here. Damage could include:
- erosion around walkways and driveways causing the concrete to crack or surfaces to collapse
- standing water to pool around foundations which can leak into low-lying parts of the home
- soaked ground conditions in your yard could attract insects and wildlife that may move indoors and infest your house
- wet earth around large trees can cause them to fall, and they could end up on your roof or fencing
- wet conditions around your foundations can seep into your walls, leaving you with structural issues and possible mold infestations
HOW CAN I PROTECT MY HERMITAGE/DONELSON HOME FROM WATER DAMAGE FROM MY GARDEN HOSE?
You can take some do-it-yourself Garden Hose Repair: 4 Tips To Repair a Leaking Garden Hose (bobvila.com) to repair your hose if it leaks and creates issues. Here are some helpful hints:
- Pinholes are often only visible when you turn on your faucet and see small streams of water from punctured parts of the hose. You can use electrical tape to seal these tiny holes since it has the elasticity and weather resistance needed to be effective out-of-doors.
- Bigger tears in a hose can happen over time, and these will crack with exposure to extreme heat or cold. A hose mender - a short plastic or metal tube used to replace the damaged section - can be just the perfect fix here.
- A leak in your hose coupling is another cause of water damage. If you spot a steady drip coming from the hose coupling when you connect it to a source, the gasket may need to be replaced.
- You may notice that the coupling has been bent while you are replacing your gasket, so now is the time to replace that coupling, as well. A bent collar loses the watertight seal between the hose and a spigot, nozzle, or sprinkler, causing a leak.
WHO CAN I TRUST TO REPAIR WATER DAMAGE TO MY HERMITAGE/DONELSON HOME?
A professional restoration company like SERVPRO can be onsite right away to help you recover from all the issues water damage can cause.
You can expect our water damage restoration process to look like this:
- The restoration process begins when you contact us. Our representative will guide you through the crisis by asking you questions that will help us better understand which equipment and resources will best fill your needs.
- Next, we determine the scope of your water damage at this stage. We inspect and test to determine the extent of damage and how far the moisture has traveled to ensure proper and complete restoration.
- The water removal process will then remove the majority of the water. We use powerful pumps and vacuum units to clean hundreds or thousands of gallons from your property quickly.
- We use specialized equipment to take away the remaining water that is harder to access. Our Professionals will use room measurements, temperature, and relative humidity to determine the optimal number of air movers and dehumidifiers needed to dry your home or business.
- We clean all of the restorable items and structures damaged by the water once the removal has been completed. We are experts at cleaning content using several different techniques. Our professionals are trained to provide sanitizing treatments and to remove odors and deodorize your property.
- Restoration is the final step in the process of restoring your home to its original condition. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall and installing new carpet, or significant repairs, such as reconstructing various areas or rooms in a home or business.
SERVPRO of Hermitage/Donelson Is here to help you with water damage to your home, no matter the size of the restoration project. If you have experienced water damage and find yourself dealing with mold, remember that we are mold remediation experts, too!
We can get your home or business Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
This franchise is independently owned and operated.