Ready For Whatever Happens
Make a Plan!
Pretty sure you have seen the commercials about being prepared. “When Disasters Strike”, well it is true! When a disaster strikes are you and your family prepared? Here are few helpful hints and tips from our family to yours to aid in limiting the losses you take.
1st Step is preparing a plan and discussing the 4 areas of that plan with your family and possibly your friends and neighbors.
- How will I/We receive emergency alerts and warnings?
- What devices will be in use to allow your family to be aware of any emergency?
- Where will these be placed though out the house?
- What is our shelter plan?
- Where are your shelters and how do we get there as quickly as possible?
- Who are the contacts for any shelters outside the home?
- What is our evacuation route?
- How many routes and what are the safest ways to get there?
- Where is our rally point if we are separated?
- What is our family communication plan?
- Who do we contact if we can not reach one another?
- Establish a communication tree.
2nd Step is to consider the specific needs of your household.
What needs are there within your household. A few of those to consider are:
3rd Step is to create a Family Emergency Plan. There are several printable forms on the internet that can assist with the framework of that.
4th Step is to practice that plan with your family at least once a month or every other month. The more it is known by all, the easier it will be to execute when the time comes.